Episode #1 – Breakfast Burritos

Monday, December 21st, 2009

Lauren and Jon whip up some delicious vegetarian breakfast burritos.  And take a few shots along the way.

Tags:

13 Comments

1. Bear says:

Funny stuff, Lauren.

Gotta say though: Garlic has less water in it than onion, so it needs to be added last or prior to adding liquid to whatever you’re making so it doesn’t scorch.

2. Donna J Ragar says:

Amusing video, but how can it be a vegetarian burrito if it contains chicken embryos?

3. AJ says:

Have you been watching me on the weekends? Add a cast iron skillet filled with peanut oil for frying onion rings or potato wedges, and you will be set. Of course I would not suggest drunken deep-frying unless you can do it very well while sober. Waking up with strange blisters is always bad.

4. Aj…I like it. Only I think we’ll up the ante–we fry onion rings in a skillet, and every time we get burned we have to take another shot. Dumb? Absolutely. But it just might also be brilliant.

5. Chris Currie says:

Did a little bit of drunken cooking myself last weekend… seared pork loin in a enameled dutch oven in short sleeves. I’d advise against it, but the results were too delicious.

6. Tom Hodgins says:

@Donna J Ragar – Here in North American the eggs we buy are UNFERTILIZED so they’re not embryos – they are simply eggs. This makes them acceptable for vegetarians to eat.

There ARE some places in the world where they’ll eat fertilized eggs, so a bird inside an egg just days before it would have hatched, and most vegetarians would consider that unacceptable.

Eggs are as much ‘meat’ as milk is.

7. DK says:

You’re worried about free radical damage but not the damage of the amount of alcohol you are consuming? That seems a little ironic…..

8. Austin says:

The video seems to be broken. I refresh and everytime it wont load past 1:12

9. j says:

dang that sounds good.

pretty funny stuff usually my drunken cooking consists of microwave popcorn, toast, or hot pockets…

10. I’m a blogger by myself and I observed your article that they are extremely fascinating and exceptional. Great job for this article, and I’ve just became subscribed on a blog. Hope you do the very same for me.

11. bowtie says:

@Donna J Ragar – vegetarian is not vegan.

12. bowtie says:

hey, guys! great site. liking it a lot. i’d like to know more about this “free radicals” deal you talked about when using burned oil. was it just a drunk thing? haha i looked at it, and i couldn’t find anything about that online.

13. bowtie says:

@Bear – word. if you’re sweating onions with garlic, it’s not so bad because the heat isn’t that high. but sauteeing garlic is a bad idea. it gets burned and is super bitter.